Friday, February 3, 2012

Not gaming related at all, but good food!

I spent a lot of time in Korea last year, and got really hooked on some of their food. Not the still writhing octopus tentacles, but I do enjoy Bibimbap, Bulgogi, Juk, and many other things that I can't pronounce, let alone spell!

A co-worker found a place here in Danbury that features Korean food, so we all went there today to try it out!





The name of the restaurant is Edo 2 on Padanaram Rd in Danbury, CT. The also looked to have a really fun Sushi menu, but I was there for the Korean food, so didn't read it at all.

My Bibimbap
 I had the Bibimbap...a "rice hash" with rice, diced up veggies, and this one had some nice beef in it, all with an egg on top. This variety is Dolsot Bibimbap, which means it comes in a big earthenware bowl that is VERY hot, and all the stuff cooks in the bowl as you stir it up as you can see being done below...



You also mix in some red pepper paste stuff (I don't remember the name) that gives it a bit of a spicy kick and a very pleasant flavor!


I don't remember the name of this soup, but it had thinly sliced beef brisket and veggies, and looked to be quite spicy (as most Korean food is). It had an egg on top there too...pretty!


Here you can see the banchan, "side dishes", that come with the meal...some battered deep-fried zucchini, kimchi, broccoli, and other tasty treats that defy description.


And of course every Korean meal has to come with Soju...a distilled liquor not unlike Vodka. It's about 40 proof, and in Korea that bottle on the right (750ml I think) would cost about 1250 Won...or $1.25! Yeah, it's easy to get tore up in Korea!

I thought the food was excellent. The owner/operator there was VERY friendly and was pleased that we all new a smattering of Korean (Hello, Thank you, etc). I will DEFINITELY be going back for more...next time I'll try the Bulgogi!

No comments:

Post a Comment