Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Conflict GT

Well, I was goaded (Thanks, Sergrum!) in to signing up for The Conflict GT in January. The guy putting it together was very nice to me last year, and is being very generous this year as well. Since I'm so late in signing up, and the waiting lists for both Fantasy and 40k are full, I asked him if I could be on both, with preference on the Fantasy. In short, he said yes... So, I've spent all evening contemplating lists, and think I have something for both. Fantasy is 2250 with no special characters. Fully painted is required, and since the only thing I have painted up is Daemons, Daemons it is... General Tzeentch Herald on Chariot with Master of Sorcery and Spell Breaker BSB Tzeentch Herald on Chariot with Master of Sorcery and Spell Breaker carrying the Great Standard of Sundering Khorne Herald on Jugger with Armour of Khorne Khorne Herald on Jugger with Armour of Khorne 6 Furies 11 Bloodletters 18 Horrors 18 Horrors 5 Flesh Hounds 5 Flesh Hounds 3 Screamers 6 Flamers 2 Fiends This is essentially the same list I used for Alamo GT in 08, but replaced Skulltaker with a Khorne Herald on Jugger and added a fury. For 40k, it's 1750. I came up with this latest and greatest Waaagh! Shadowklan: Warboss on Warbike with Klaw, Bosspole, Squig, Cybork, and Kombi-skorcha 6 Nob Bikers + Painboy with 2 Klaws, Big Choppa, Bosspole, Waaagh! Banner, and Cybork 25 Shoota Boyz with 2 Rokkits + Nob with Klaw and Bosspole 25 Shoota Boyz with 2 Rokkits + Nob with Klaw and Bosspole 25 Choppa Boyz + Nob with Klaw and Bosspole 2 Deffkoptas with Twin-linked Rokkits and Buzzsaws (in seperate squads) and 10 Lootas I'm torn on the 10 Lootas...10 is enough to make for a tasty target for the enemy, a large enough investment in points (around 200) that it's worth his time to throw some shots at them. I've had mixed luck with my Lootas, so am considering replacing them with 11 'ard Boyz with a PK/BP Nob in the Trukk...something fluffy and unexpected, but fitting with the same concept as the larger 2000 point list I just used (more speed to support the bikers). Feedback on either list welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment